Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Coke Memories!

In the Southern United States there are two kinds of people; people that like coke and people that like Pepsi, we were always the Coke drinkers, and rightfully so! It just tastes better! Thinking about my days as a child and growing up it is pretty hard to separate the memory of my dad and his coke. Coke was always his favorite beverage and he always had one handy. If he asked us to run to a vending machine for him it would always be for a Coke, and nothing else. As time went by and he got a little older he switched to Coke Zero, but it is still a Coke none-the-less! Now that I'm grown I also love my Coke as well! There's nothing like having a coke when the baby goes down for a nap so I can get past my own urge to take a nap!!! I get a little

Now with my own family one of our favorite things to do is to make a delicious, fizzy, coke float! They are the perfect partner to a big bowl of pop corn and a family movie night! We have three children that are fairly close in age and we always let the kids choose the movie and they usually choose something very kid friendly, and silly, but that's what makes child hood fun and special! I hope that someday they look back on these nights and it brings a smile to their faces.

Here's what we do: To make for a special night in, we don't normally allow food in our TV room, but for a movie night we roll out a huge blanket to catch any crumbs and spills, and let the kids sit there. We let loose and enjoy ourselves! Here's how you can make your own coke float for a night of enjoyment!

1 2 liter bottle Coke
1 half gallon vanilla ice cream
Ice cream scoop
straws and spoons for each family member
Number of glasses you need for the members of your family

Put two scoops ice cream in each glass then fill with coke, stick in a spoon and a straw! Keep the extra Coke on hand for refills! This is so simple and SOOOO delicious and these family movie nights will be nights that your children will remember because it's spending time together doing something fun! I hope you will give this a try because we enjoy these nights so much! Enjoy!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Coca-Cola® blogging program. If I am one of the first 100 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 gift card. For more information on the program click here

No comments:

Post a Comment